Our greatest need for pro bono attorneys is at our court clinics in Anoka, Hennepin, and Ramsey counties. You can choose to volunteer on a recurring basis or just pick up a shift when the time is right. Our friendly and dedicated staff attorneys are there to support you as much as you need!
Clinic Resources and Information
|Sign up for a remote clinic shift for Anoka, Hennepin, or Ramsey county now!|
Court Clinic Basics
- When: 3-4 hour shifts Mondays – Thursdays
- Who you will serve: 2-4 clients who are either facing eviction for one of the exceptions to the eviction moratorium, or who need help preparing for their rent escrow hearing.
- What: Volunteers provide advice and brief services over Zoom for clients at court (via zoom, at least through Labor Day) during their initial appearance hearings for eviction and rent escrow cases in Hennepin, Ramsey and Anoka counties. Services provided can include:
- Legal advice only,
- Negotiating settlements, and/or
- Limited court appearances
- Interested in volunteering? Check out our Instructions on Volunteering for a Remote Housing Clinic
VLN Administrative Forms
Other Helpful Documents
- Administrative Order in Ramsey County Ramsey county is still screening cases for whether they meet the requirements of the off ramp legislation, and if they don’t they are made confidential until they qualify for a hearing.