- Sign up for a housing court clinic shift below:
- For shadowing opportunities and all other questions, contact Kait at [email protected].
COURT CLINIC BASICS
- Shifts run 3-4 hours, AM or PM, Mondays – Thursdays.
- You can expect to serve 2-4 clients who are a party in an eviction case or who need help preparing for their rent escrow hearing. This involves providing advice and brief services, such as negotiating a settlement agreement or making a limited court appearance.
- Advice report form.
- We recommend all clinic volunteers watch the following CLE: Housing Court Clinic Training Basics: On Demand. You can check out all of our trainings here.
- Use the Eviction Defense Checklist to look for the most common defenses.
- Find court case documents using MCRO.
- Check out our forms and links.