Eviction Moratorium Phase Out Update
Now, more than ever, we need pro bono lawyers to assist low-income Minnesotans at eviction calendars.
Here is how to get involved:
- Read our Practice Tip on the Eviction Moratorium Phase Out here.
- Additional resources, as they are developed, will be included here. Such as our Eviction Moratorium Phase Out Defense Checklist.
- Review our trainings. Anyone who is interested in volunteering during the moratorium phase-out period are strongly encouraged to view *both* of the trainings.
- An Overview of Minnesota’s Eviction Moratorium Phaseout (July 2021) Larry McDonough, from the Lawyers Committee for Human Rights, and Rachael Sterling, Homeline’s Eviction Moratorium Response Coordinator, cover the basics of the moratorium phase out law and the details of the law’s timelines and the legal analysis for material breach. The slides from the training are available here and here.
- Eviction Defense During the Off-Ramp: The Beginning of the End (July 2021) VLN Housing Program Attorneys Muria Kruger, Beth Kelly and Sebastian Ellefson cover different volunteer opportunities, the process of volunteering, and the resources VLN will have to support volunteers. The slides from the training are available here.
- Find more information and sign up to volunteer at our Housing Court Clinics here. Or, if you want to do full rep work, see Eviction Representation Project.
*Volunteering remains remote at least through Labor Day.
Other Volunteer Opportunities