Resources for New and Current Volunteers
- Phone and Court Clinics Do you want to volunteer with VLN’s housing program but can’t take on the time commitment of a full representation case? VLN’s phone and court clinics are 2-3 hour shifts. You can choose to volunteer on a recurring basis or just pick up a shift when the time is right. Our friendly and dedicated staff attorneys are there to support you as much as you need!
- Eviction Expungement VLN needs volunteers to represent clients in eviction expungement cases in Anoka, Hennepin, and Ramsey counties.
- Rent Escrow VLN needs volunteers to represent clients in rent escrow cases in the City of Minneapolis.
- Eviction Representation Project The goal of the ERP is to engage and train volunteer lawyers to provide full representation legal services to as many tenants going through an eviction as possible on an ongoing basis. Research has shown tenants who are represented in Housing Court do much better than tenants who represent themselves. VLN seeks to support ERP volunteers interested in doing work in Anoka, Hennepin and Ramsey counties.
Get on our Mailing List
- Register here and indicate an interest in Housing to get added to our mailing list. You’ll receive our monthly housing law newsletter, volunteer opportunity blasts, and information about upcoming CLEs. If you’re a current volunteer – you should already be on the list!