On-demand CLEs can be a convenient way to learn more and fulfill your CLE requirements from the comfort of your own office (or home). Below are on-demand CLE options from VLN, Legal Services State Support, and the Practising Law Institute (eligible for credit in MN).
VLN currently offers the following on-demand CLEs:
- 1.0 hours: Eviction Defense During the Pandemic (1.0 standard credits, CLE Event Code 343945. Click here to watch the video, click here to see the slideshow.
- 1.0 hours: Eviction Expungement Basics (1.0 Standard credits, CLE Event Code 344311). Click here to watch the video, click here to see the slideshow.
- 2.0 hours: Breaking Poverty Barriers to Equal Justice* (2.0 EOB credits, CLE Event Code 279258) The complete streaming video from the nationally-acclaimed Breaking Poverty Barriers to Equal Justice curriculum. This features Dr. Donna Beegle before a live audience of judges and attorneys sharing the experiences of those living in generational poverty, addressing common questions and misconceptions, and sharing concrete suggestions for how pro bono attorneys can increase their clients’ access to the justice system. CLE credit expires 10/9/2021.
- 1.0 hours: Providing Free Legal Housing Services Safely in a Pandemic (1.0 Standard credits). CLE event code 337986. This training covers:
- Phone advice clinics: How you can get involved even if you are brand new to housing.
- Initial appearance advice clinics: How we are meeting remotely with tenants and landlords during the initial appearance calendar hearings and providing advice and limited services.
- Eviction Representation Project (ERP): How VLN is facilitating fully remote ERP work.
- Eviction Expungement: How VLN is supporting full rep eviction expungement work and why this is a great place for new volunteers to start.
To watch the applicable on-demand CLE, click on the link above. After you have watched the on-demand CLE, please register with VLN (we need to maintain these records for the MN Board of Continuing Legal Education) and then report your attendance (using the event code) to the MN Board of Continuing Legal Education.
Additionally, the Practising Law Institute offers a number of free on-demand CLEs related to pro bono work, many of which are eligible for credit in MN.