Looking for a lawyer?
Call 612-752-6677 to see if we can help.
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Can’t call during those hours? You can:
to start the intake process
staffed by attorneys who can help
Volunteer Lawyers Network connects people experiencing poverty with trained volunteer lawyers, who provide advice, brief services or representation in court.
When you call our intake line at 612-752-6677, one of our intake counselors will ask you questions about your case, your income and where you live to determine if we are able to help with your legal issue.
If we cannot help, intake staff can sometimes provide referrals to someone who can.
Some issues VLN helps with:
- Debt collection
- Real estate
- Criminal expungement
Some issues VLN does not help with:
- Criminal defense: click here to be redirected to Legal Rights Center’s website
- Fee-generating cases (medical malpractice, car collisions): click here to find a lawyer
- Public benefits: click here to be redirected to Legal Aid’s website
- Wills and estates: click here to be redirected to Volunteers of America’s website
- Business/non-profit owner assistance: click here to be redirected to LegalCORPS