VLN has two walk-in clinics for criminal expungement:
Second Chance Saturdays
2nd Saturday each month
Sabathani Community Center
310 E 38th St Ste 200, Minneapolis, MN 55409
11:30am – 3pm
Ramsey Law Library Clinic
Fourth Thursday each month
Ramsey Law Library
Ramsey County Courthouse
15 W Kellogg Blvd UNIT 1815, St Paul, MN 55102
- You must be off of probation
- You must not owe any fines or restitution to the court
- You must be looking to expunge Minnesota records. VLN cannot directly assist with the expungement of federal or out-of-state records
- You must bring your Minnesota Court records (available at the courthouse). We cannot provide personalized advice or recommend you for further services if we do not have these records
MN Court Records: Only the Case Records Search Results Page is needed: Go to any Minnesota courthouse and ask a court clerk to print the search results page of your criminal cases. Most courthouses will charge you a printing fee of $8.00 to $10.00. You do not need to print each record, just the Case Records Search Results Page, which lists all your cases and case numbers. Records do not need to be certified and must be printed from the courthouse.
Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) Records: This record is not needed to attend a seminar. If you are referred for further service, you will need to get a copy of your BCA record. You can obtain your BCA records in one of two ways.
- 1) Mail a written and notarized request to the BCA that includes:
- your name and date of birth
- any other names you use or have used
- a personal check or money order for $8.00 made payable to “BCA”
- a self-addressed stamped envelope
- 2) You can go to the BCA office and request a copy of your record. The BCA will take your fingerprints and ask you to pay $8.00.
The BCA is located at 1430 Maryland Ave. E., St. Paul, MN 55106