- Sign up for a phone advice shift here.
- Want to start volunteering but not ready to take your own shift yet? Contact Kait to talk about next steps!
PHONE ADVICE BASICS
- When: Monday – Friday, 2-4pm
- Who you will serve: 2-4 clients with a variety of Minnesota-specific housing law issues, including: repairs and quality of accommodations, evictions (UDs), overstaying guests, landlord harassment or access violations, Section 8 or public housing terminations, and eviction/UD expungement.
- What: Volunteers provide advice and can help with drafting court forms, writing letters, or making phone calls on behalf of clients to try to resolve the issue.
- Interested in volunteering? Check out our Phone Advice Practice Tip! A training guide for new volunteers, and a refresher for the old.
- Don’t forget to complete an advice report form after your shift!