Do you want to volunteer with VLN’s housing program but can’t take on the time commitment of a full representation case? VLN’s phone clinics might be the right fit for you! You can choose to volunteer on a recurring basis or just pick up a shift when the time is right. Our friendly and dedicated staff attorneys are there to support you as much as you need! Contact Kait for more information.
Clinic Resources and Information
Phone Clinic Basics
- When: Monday – Friday, 2-4pm
- Who you will serve: 2-4 clients with a variety of Minnesota-specific housing law issues, including: repairs and quality of accommodations, evictions (UDs), overstaying guests, landlord harassment or access violations, Section 8 or public housing terminations, and eviction/UD expungement.
- What: Volunteers provide advice and can help with drafting court forms, writing letters, or making phone calls on behalf of clients to try to resolve the issue.
- Interested in volunteering? Check out our Phone Advice Practice Tip! A training guide for new volunteers, and a refresher for the old.
- Sign up for a phone clinic shift now!
VLN Administrative Forms