- Registering for an eFS (e-filing) Account as a Volunteer Attorney (Attorneys must e-file documents and must have an eFS account to do so.)
- e-Filing Instructions for Volunteer Attorneys
- e-filing Instructions for Eviction Expungement Cases
- Anoka County: AMENDED STANDING ORDER Re: following the expiration of the Peacetime Emergency Declared in Executive Order 20-01
- Hennepin County: Memo on Settlement Agreements
- Hennepin County Eviction Dashboard
- Ramsey County: AMENDED ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER REGARDING THE RESUMPTION OF HOUSING COURT OPERATIONS Ramsey county is still screening cases for whether they meet the requirements of the off ramp legislation, and if they don’t they are made confidential until they qualify for a hearing.
- Ramsey County: MNDES Information on how to create an account and get training.
Rent Escrow and Repair Specific Links
- Code Enforcement Manual: Hennepin County AND Saint Paul, MN
This Health and Safety Code Enforcement Manual is intended as a resource for Volunteer Lawyers Network (VLN) volunteer lawyers and others representing low-income tenant families who justly seek a safe and affordable place to live, but who find themselves in rental property in need of repairs and other interventions to bring the property into compliance with state and local health and safety laws. The Manual is also available as a resource for community organizations and governmental agencies seeking to assist tenant families living in Minneapolis, other Hennepin County communities, and Saint Paul.
- Department of Regulatory Services Website: Tools and Information on licensing, fees, and violations in Minneapolis.
- Property Map and Property Information Search Find information on Minneapolis properties, including owner, licenses and license history, inspections history, and more.
- Minneapolis Unpaid Rental License Fees
- Saint Paul, MN Property Information
- Ramsey County Property Information
- Anoka County Property Information
General Links and Resources
- How to Call from a Restricted Number and Make Conference Calls
- VLN-compiled listing of websites for property searches
- LawHelp MN Links, resources, factsheets, and information regarding Minnesota Housing Law.
- Homeline Free trainings, form letters, and other helpful information regarding Minnesota Housing Law.
- Larry McDonough’s Website 600+ page Eviction Defense manual created by Larry, along with many forms he’s created and other helpful information regarding Minnesota Housing Law.
- Secretary of State Business Filings Find up to date contact information for business owners in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Statute 504B: Landlord and Tenant Full text of the Minnesota Statute regarding Landlord-Tenant Law
- 2021 Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) Instructions
Quick Referrals for Tenants
- Finding New Housing
- Rental Assistance
Eviction Moratorium and Phase out Information (Expires June 1, 2022)
- Minnesota Eviction Moratorium Phase Out Statute
- VLN Practice Tips: