Quick Referrals for Tenants
e-Filing and Service
- Registering for an EFS Account as a Volunteer Attorney
- e-Filing Instructions for Volunteer Attorneys
- e-filing Instructions for Eviction Expungement Cases
- Moratorium Eviction Defense Checklist Up-to-date with all of the current laws on filing evictions in Minnesota
COVID-19 Resources and Information
- Minnesota Eviction Moratorium Phase Out Law.
- VLN Practice Tip:
- Chief Justice Gildea: March 20 Supreme Court Order (ADM20-8001) and March 23 update to the March 20 Order.
- Law Help: Guide: Court during COVID-19
- HOMEline: COVID-19 Information and sample letter to landlord.
- Eviction Complaint Instructions Instructions for landlords on completing the eviction complaint during the moratorium
- Service Instructions Instructions for landlords on completing mail and post service
General Links and Resources
- How to Call from a Restricted Number and Make Conference Calls
- VLN-compliled listing of websites for property searches
- LawHelp MN Links, resources, factsheets, and information regarding Minnesota Housing Law.
- Homeline Free trainings, form letters, and other helpful information regarding Minnesota Housing Law.
- Larry McDonough’s Website 600+ page Eviction Defense manual created by Larry, along with many forms he’s created and other helpful information regarding Minnesota Housing Law.
- Property Information Search Find information on Minneapolis properties, including owner, licenses and license history, inspections history, and more.
- Department of Regulatory Services Website Find information on current and past violations by owner or property; the most up-to-date information regarding rental license status, and other tools and information.
- Property Map and Property Information Search Find information on Minneapolis properties, including owner, licenses and license history, inspections history, and more.
- Secretary of State Business Filings Find up to date contact information for business owners in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Statute 504B: Landlord and Tenant Full text of the Minnesota Statute regarding Landlord-Tenant Law