- Moratorium Eviction Defense Checklist Up-to-date with all of the current laws on filing evictions in Minnesota
- Advice Report Form Attorneys must complete this form after each clinic shift
Funding For Tenants
COVID-19 Resources and Information
- VLN’s Practice Tip on the Most Recent Minnesota Executive Order on Evictions A must-read for all VLN housing volunteers
- Chief Justice Gildea: March 20 Supreme Court Order (ADM20-8001) and March 23 update to the March 20 Order.
- Fourth Judicial District: COVID-19 Info Guide
- VLN Practice Tip: Eviction Moratoriums during the Pandemic
- MSBA: List of COVID-19 resources for legal professionals, which includes Hennepin, Ramsey and other court specific information.
- Law Help: Guide: Court during COVID-19
- HOMEline: COVID-19 Information and sample letter to landlord.
Updates in Local Housing Law
- New Tenant Ordinance in Minneapolis, effective June 2020
- Eviction Complaint Instructions Instructions for landlords on completing the eviction complaint during the moratorium
- Service Instructions Instructions for landlords on completing mail and post service
General Links and Resources
- How to Call from a Restricted Number and Make Conference Calls
- VLN-compliled listing of websites for property searches
- LawHelp MN Links, resources, factsheets, and information regarding Minnesota Housing Law.
- Homeline Free trainings, form letters, and other helpful information regarding Minnesota Housing Law.
- Larry McDonough’s Website 600+ page Eviction Defense manual created by Larry, along with many forms he’s created and other helpful information regarding Minnesota Housing Law.
- Property Information Search Find information on Minneapolis properties, including owner, licenses and license history, inspections history, and more.
- Department of Regulatory Services Website Find information on current and past violations by owner or property; the most up-to-date information regarding rental license status, and other tools and information.
- Property Map and Property Information Search Find information on Minneapolis properties, including owner, licenses and license history, inspections history, and more.
- Secretary of State Business Filings Find up to date contact information for business owners in Minnesota.