Criminal Expungement Trainings:
- Full Representation Criminal Expungement Training- PowerPoint (overview of law and process)
- Full Representation Guide (steps checklist and details on how to complete each step) Coming Soon!
- Chart of Criminal Expungement Statutes, Waiting Periods, and Burden
- Example Petition
- Criminal Records Resources:
Documents For Your Case:
- VLN Representation Agreement
- Prosecutor-led Expungement Templates:
Additional Educational Resources:
This resource includes information about the relationship between VLN and our volunteers, recommendations on how to handle cases and provide services, e-filing and e-serving, and much more.
Presenters in this session will discuss the collateral consequences of criminal justice system involvement specific to Minnesota, and the disproportionate impact on communities of color.
This manual includes information relevant to helping pro bono clients, such as understanding different types of poverty, building rapport, helping a client overcome specific barriers to participating in the case, how race and other factors intersect with poverty, and ensuring effective communication.
Click here to learn how understanding how trauma impacts clients can improve your ability to work with clients. Additionally, learning about secondary trauma can be important to understanding how pro bono work can impact yourself. Both these resources have to do with legal aid attorneys representing child victims, but the information is relevant to any attorney working with clients who may have trauma.