Hennepin County has up to $15 million available to help low-income renters who can’t afford their housing costs this month due to COVID-19. To qualify, you must:
- Rent anywhere in Hennepin County.
- Have had household income below 50% of the area median income (about $46,550 for a three-person household) before COVID-19.
- Lost income due to COVID-19 that has not been replaced by unemployment insurance or other emergency assistance.
- Can’t afford housing costs this month.
- Not currently receive Section 8 or other rental assistance.
There is no deadline to apply. Priority will be given to households with the lowest incomes and those not eligible for unemployment insurance.
Learn more about rental assistance here. If you do not have internet access or cannot complete the form in English call 612-302-3160.