Please note: on-demand CLE credit is only available for the Ramsey County Housing Court Clinic training at this time. Please see the instructions below to register to receive CLE credit for that course.
Program updates, housing law basics, and need-to-know information for our volunteers.
1. Housing Newsletter
3. 2018 Eviction Representation Study Results
Legal Representation in Evictions, by Luke Grundman and Muria Kruger
5. Federally-Assisted Housing 101: Section 8, Public Housing and More; What Housing Volunteers Should Know
Video presentation (1 hour)
Federally Subsidized Housing slides
Selected Decisions Involving Federally Regulated Rental Subsidy Programs
Subsidized tenancy table
7. Landlord Tenant CLE “Minnesota Landlord-Tenant Anti-Retaliation Law after Central Housing Associates v. Olson” by Paul Birnberg, former Senior Housing Attorney from HOME Line
CLE Powerpoint Presentation
Sample Affidavit of Rent Escrow
Cloverdale Foods v. Pioneer Snacks, 4:94-CV-00331 (D. Minn. Apr. 08, 1994)
Petitioner’s (landlord) appeal brief
Respondent’s (tenant) appeal brief
Green v. Formanek, HC-1991123900 (4th Judicial District)
Draft Affidavit for Rent Escrow (never filed)
Tenant’s Memorandum Regarding Subject Matter Jurisdiction
Reyes v. LO2, 27-CV-18-20483 (D. Minn. 2018)
Plaintiff’s Memo in Support of Motion for Temporary Restraining Order
Hennepin County Housing Court Project
Resources and information for our Hennepin County Housing Court Project volunteers.
1. Department of Regulatory Services Website: Tools and Information on licensing, fees, and violations in Minneapolis.
2. Eviction Representation Project (ERP):
Video of Training Presentation (2.5 hours)
ERP Power Point Presentation (by Larry McDonough)
ERP Project Overview 1/17/19 (written description by Steven Swanson)
ERP Packet (including eviction defense checklist, settlement agreement, IFP and Notice of Withdrawal)
3. Housing Court Project (HCP) advice/limited services clinic:
Hennepin County Housing Court Clinic Volunteer Handbook
Ramsey County Housing Court Clinic
CLE links and general information for our Ramsey County Housing Court Project volunteers.
1. Volunteer Information
Ramsey County Housing Court Clinic Volunteer Information Sheet
2. Ramsey County Housing Court Clinic Volunteer Training (1.75 CLE credits applied for): An 8-video recording of volunteer training hosted at Southern MN Legal Services for the Ramsey County Housing Court Clinic. Please review the following additional materials:
Ramsey Housing Court Clinic Training PowerPoint
Ramsey Housing Eviction Hypotheticals PowerPoint
If you would like to receive on-demand CLE credit for the Ramsey County Housing Court Clinic Volunteer training, please register with VLN (we need to maintain these records for the MN Board of Continuing Legal Education) and then report your attendance (using the event code) to the MN Board of Continuing Legal Education.