Map Unavailable

Date(s) - 12/10/2022
11:30 AM - 2:30 PM

University of Minnesota UROC


Click here for a printable flyer!

If you’ve ever had contact with the Criminal Justice System – even just an arrest – you may have a criminal record that could impact your employment opportunities.

Come to UMN’s Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement Center (UROC, on the C Line and Routes 7 & 19) to find out more! Stop in on the second Saturday of the month, any time between 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Call UROC at 612-626-8762 to confirm dates.

Learn about:

Obtaining your records
Understanding what’s on your record
Advocating for yourself
Criminal record expungements and other remedies
Filing a discrimination claim

Get help with:

Completing portions of the petition
Reviewing the final petition
How to serve the petition
How to complete a fee waiver request
How to file the petition

You will have the opportunity to speak with an attorney about your case, but we cannot provide ongoing legal representation. Referral to low/no cost legal representation may be available.

What to bring:

– It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED you bring a copy of your Bureau of Criminal Apprehension records so the attorney has your full criminal history. Call 651-793-7000 for details on how to get them.
– Any other documents relating to your case.

For further questions, contact Volunteer Lawyers Network (VLN) at: 612-752-6677.