Date(s) - 10/28/2015
Hennepin County Bar Association
TO BE RESCHEDULED
Cullin Smith, Executive Director, Neighborhood Justice Center
Eva J. Rodelius, Associate Attorney, Wilson Law Group
Gabriela Reyes-Noyola Brunner, Co-Managing Attorney-SLS, Volunteer Lawyers Network
Colleen Beebe, Co-Managing Attorney-SLS, Volunteer Lawyers Network
The CLE will look at common issues that may arise when we work with clients who are undocumented and/or out of status and will address topics such as:
• Who is undocumented and who is not?
• Are all undocumented people Spanish speakers or from Mexico?
• Does accessing the legal system trigger immigration consequences and if so, in what context and what happens?
• When is it “safe” for an undocumented person to access the legal system?
• Do undocumented clients qualify for public benefits?
• Do undocumented clients qualify for workman’s compensation or unemployment?
• Where can I refer my undocumented clients to for help with non-legal issues?
• What are the barriers an undocumented client may have in accessing the legal system?
• What are other common issues faced by undocumented clients?
2.0 CLE credits will be applied for.
$50.00 – General
Free – for VLN volunteers who have provided pro bono help through VLN in the last 12 months.