Date(s) - 10/24/2023
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Remote via Webinar
Achieving the dream of becoming a U.S. citizen is the goal of many immigrants in the U.S. The Volunteer Lawyers Network (VLN) presents this CLE in partnership with the Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association to train volunteer lawyers who will help VLN clients achieve this dream by representing them in the naturalization process.
THE CLE TRAININGS WILL COVER:
- U.S. citizenship, who is a citizen, and the different ways to obtain U.S. citizenship
- The benefits to becoming a U.S. citizen
- The requirements to naturalize in the U.S.A. and the naturalization application process
- How to prepare the client for the interview and what happens at the interview
- Filing the N-400 and the Oath of Allegiance Ceremony
- Biometrics, RFEs, the Disability Waiver
- How to volunteer through VLN to represent clients ready to apply for naturalization
Esteban Rivera, Esq., Rivera Law Firm, LLC
Tamara Caban-Ramirez, Esq., Caban-Ramirez Law Firm, LLC
Colleen Beebe, Manager-Attorney, Immigration Legal Services Program, Volunteer Lawyers Network
Space is limited. The training is for attorneys who commit to represent a VLN citizenship client pro bono. Registration is free of charge. For each part, 2.00 CLE credits applied for .
For more information or to volunteer for this project please contact [email protected] .
Register here: https://VLN.formstack.com/forms/vln_naturalization_cle_parts1_2_oct24_26_2023
Please register by noon on Friday, October 20, 2023.