Date(s) - 09/21/2018
11:15 AM - 3:30 PM
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
PURPOSE: Achieving the dream of becoming a U.S. citizen is the goal of many immigrants in the U.S. The Volunteer Lawyers Network is presenting this CLE in partnership with the Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association to train volunteer lawyers who will represent pre-screened VLN clients in the naturalization process.
- Define U.S. citizenship, who is a citizen, and the different ways to obtain U.S. citizenship
- Explain the benefits to becoming a U.S. citizen
- Educate on the requirements to naturalize in the U.S.A. through lecture and group work on hypothetical situations
- Educate on the naturalization application process
- Review local and national resources
- Provide lawyers volunteer opportunities through VLN to represent clients ready to apply for naturalization.
Colleen Beebe Purisaca, Attorney-at-Law, VLN
Tamara Caban-Ramirez, Attorney-at-Law
Tracy Kallassy, Attorney-at-Law
Esteban Rivera, Attorney-at-Law
SPONSORS: Volunteer Lawyers Network, Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association
CLE CREDITS: 3.5 CLE credits will be applied for.
COST: Free/participants will be asked to volunteer/lunch provided/space is limited
REMOTE PARTICIPATION BY PHONE: not available