Date(s) - 03/05/2018
11:15 AM - 3:00 PM
Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
Volunteer Lawyers Network and Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association present
Journey to Citizenship CLE Training: Representing Citizenship Applicants Pro Bono
Monday, March 5, 2018
11:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
90 South Seventh Street, Suite 2200
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Achieving the dream of becoming a U.S. citizen is the goal of many immigrants in the U.S. The Volunteer Lawyers Network is presenting this CLE in partnership with the Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association to train volunteer lawyers who will represent VLN clients in the naturalization process.
The CLE will:
- Define U.S. citizenship, who is a citizen, and the different ways to obtain U.S. citizenship
- Explain the benefits to becoming a U.S. citizen
- Educate on the requirements to naturalize in the U.S.A. through lecture and group work on hypothetical situations
- Educate on the naturalization application process
- Review local and national resources
- Provide lawyers volunteer opportunities through VLN to represent clients ready to apply for naturalization.
3.5 CLE credits applied for. Lunch provided. Space is limited.
VLN will ask participants to volunteer with this project.
For more information or to volunteer for this project please contact [email protected].
Please register by 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Register by 3:00 p.m., Wednesday, February 28, 2018.