The courts are beginning to allow landlords to file evictions again in some situations. If you receive an eviction notice and cannot afford a lawyer, please call 612-752-6677 on Monday, Wednesday or Thursday between 9 a.m.-1 p.m. or click here to fill out an intake form to see if we can help.
-If you owe rent, apply for rental assistance right away — click here to apply at RentHelpMN.org. You cannot be evicted for non-payment of rent while you are waiting for a decision on your application.
-If you receive an eviction complaint or have questions other questions about the end of the moratorium as it applies to your living situation, reach out to us right away to see if we can help.
Join Volunteer Lawyers Network as a part-time administrative and development assistant!
Help us #MakeProBonoHappen by supporting a hard-working, innovative team who puts our clients and volunteers first.
It’s finally here!
Special thanks to all our clients, volunteers and donors for helping us #MakeProBonoHappen!
Due to internal staff changes, we need a full-time attorney to oversee our eviction defense volunteer program.
This job will combine direct client work with volunteer coordination, along with program management and more.
Give to the Max Day 2020 is Thursday, November 19, 2020. Volunteer Lawyers Network would deeply appreciate your support!
Since the start of the pandemic, VLN has:
- Provided thousands of virtual legal services to Minnesotans experiencing poverty
- Successfully protected tenants from unlawful evictions under the national and local moratoriums
- Attended community support events to provide information and services on-site
- Provided intake support for LegalCORPS’s special program helping local businesses affected by social unrest
- Hosted virtual CLEs preparing volunteers for the new legal landscape
We have secured at least $5,000 in matching contributions. Please help us hit our goal and DOUBLE the impact of your donation.
Early giving has already begun! Click here to Give to the Max today!
This week, Volunteer Lawyers Network is transitioning to the LegalServer case management system and database, as mandated by the State of Minnesota.
Our telephone intake line will be closed on Thursday, Oct. 15, and Monday, Oct. 19. Online intake is temporarily closed effective immediately.
We appreciate your patience as we make this substantial transition to serve you better.
Hennepin County has up to $15 million available to help low-income renters who can’t afford their housing costs this month due to COVID-19. To qualify, you must:
- Rent anywhere in Hennepin County.
- Have had household income below 50% of the area median income (about $46,550 for a three-person household) before COVID-19.
- Lost income due to COVID-19 that has not been replaced by unemployment insurance or other emergency assistance.
- Can’t afford housing costs this month.
- Not currently receive Section 8 or other rental assistance.
There is no deadline to apply. Priority will be given to households with the lowest incomes and those not eligible for unemployment insurance.
Learn more about rental assistance here. If you do not have internet access or cannot complete the form in English call 612-302-3160.
Volunteer Lawyers Network is proud to partner with LegalCORPS, who are providing free legal help to Minnesota businesses and non-profits impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and the recent civil unrest following the killing of George Floyd.
Please call 612-752-6687 Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. to request assistance.